We are VIBE
The promotion of improved mental health in children and young people aged 11-24 years in the Greater Manchester area by providing opportunities to engage in the creative arts.
The provision of activities which develop their skills, capacities, and capabilities in the creative arts to support them in developing resilience to the mental health challenges they face thus enabling them to participate in society as mature, responsible, and contributing individuals.
The provision of opportunities to work alongside professional creatives and technicians In areas such as:
• visual arts - animation, photography, drawing and painting,
• music - song-writing, playing a musical instrument, rapping,
• technical – guitar building, audio and video recording, computer maintenance and production,
• writing - composing previews, reviews, and interviews for broadcast, print and social media, creative-writing, and poetry,
• performance – recorded and live,
Children and young people who have or are at risk of developing mental health issues, young people such as: asylum seekers/refugees, looked-after, self-harming, self-medicating, autistic, with gender identity issues, bullied and abused drawn from the whole spectrum of Greater Manchester’s diverse community.
Strategy and Policy Steve Cooke
Finance and Facilities Colin Hughes
IT and Digital Arts John Cooke
Creative Writing and Visual Arts Seamus Kelly
Video and Animation Harry Wheeler
Music Dan Bridgwood-
Special Projects Kirsty Rigg
Digital Art Jenny Anderton
Video Adam Anderton
Gaming Sam Little